wxHexEditor is a handy, easy to use hex editor, build because of there is no good hex editor for big files. wxHexEditor supports files up to 2^64 bytes.
wxHexEditor is developed with C++/wxWidgets GUI libs and can be used with many operating systems such as Mac OS X, Windows, Linux etc.
Here are some key features of "wxHexEditor":
· 64 bit descriptors
· Insert bytes to files
· Small memory usage
· Multiple views
· Compare files
· Import TAGs
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Implemented auto tag panel popup with Process RAM open.
· Fixed Process RAM seeking.
· Added Bug Reporting menu item.
· Fixed LLVM-Clang compilation.
· Added another killer feature : donation menu item.
· Find Some Bytes button doesn't close find dialog anymore.
· Replaced default font to DOS OEM CP437.
· Implemented auto preview feature for font size changes.
· Fixed MacOSX "Find" wxMessageBox stall with work-a-round.
· Fixed SaveAS for files that have filesize changes.
· Added gksu and gksudo support.
· Changed file pick filters from *.* to *
· Implemented EUC-KR, Big5, AtariST, UTF8, UTF16, UTF32, Unicode, Shift JIS, Macintosh encodings.
· Implemented EBCDIC IBM Codepage 500, 875 and 1026 all other PC/DOS Codepages.
· Implemented Iran System,Mozevia and Kamanicky Encodings.
· Implemented Font Size change option.
· Implemented Font Families for categorization encoding schemas.
· Implemented MIK, KOI7, TSCII, VSCII,EBCDIC CP037,285,1047,ANSEL, ISO/IEC 8859-1, DOS CP850, All Windows CP125x encodings, GB2312, Macintos...