odt2pml is an OpenOffice.org add-on that allows you to export a Writer document into a "Palm Markup Language" (PML) tagged plain text file, ready to be processed by DropBook for eReader.
odt2pml enables you to format your Writer document as you see fit, and eReader will show it with nearly the same formatting.
Some formatting options included are: character and paragraph styles, page breaks, chapter headings, footnotes, frames, images and direct formatting (bold, italic, subscript). Tables are not supported.
odt2pml is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "odt2pml":
· Text Converter: enhanced AutoCorrect, uppercase words to italic, _xxx_ to italic, first words in chapter to uppercase...
· Picture Converter: extracts and converts pictures and drawing shapes, saves them as .png files, and links them to your document.
· Heading Style Formatter: You may create an eReader table of contents simply by formatting your document's chapter titles with Heading styles.
· OpenOffice.org 3.2 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added paragraph top and bottom border line conversion, with variable "spacing to contents" distance.