gEcrit is a fast and lightweight Python IDE that focuses on simplicity and ease of use.
gEcrit features Python indentation, line numbers, code folding, syntax highlighting, shell access, code completion, a program runner, a source browser, indentation guides, a white space indicator, autosaving, an edge line, multiple tabs, printing, jumping to a specific line, word searching, word replacement, zooming undo/redo, pastebin.com code submission, Python syntax checking, the ability to change the indentation of many lines at once, autocompletiton, and bad brace checking.
How to run
To run gEcrit open a Terminal window, browse to gEcrit's folder and run the following command:
If you get a "no appropriate 64-bit architecture" error then run the following command to set Python to run in 32 bit mode:
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Translations added for Romanian and Spanish.
· Support for regular expression search and replace added.
· The user can mark the lines with a marker now.
· Fixed a bug in auto-indentation.
· Improved the spell checker.