TextMate is a very useful text editor that will prove useful to developers or designers that work with code or markups.
TextMate comes with a simple interface, provides basic management tools and also includes support for using macros, snippets and a scoping system.
Here are some key features of "TextMate":
· Ability to Search and Replace in a Project
· Auto-Indent for Common Actions Like Pasting Text
· Auto-Pairing of Brackets and Other Characters
· Clipboard History
· Column Selections and Column Typing
· Completion of Words from Current Document
· CSS-like Selectors to Pinpoint the Scope of Actions and Settings
· Declarative Language Grammars for Graceful Mixing and Hacking
· Dynamic Outline for Working With Multiple Files
· Expand Trigger Words to Code Blocks With Tab-able Placeholders
· 30 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Using “Transpose” (⌃T) with a discontinuous selection will now swap the selected strings. If pressed repeatedly, and more than two strings are selected, it will cycle through all possible permutations.
· The scope now contains dyn.selection and/or dyn.caret.*
· When expanding tab triggers the left scope is the scope to the left of the start of the potential tab trigger and the right scope is likewise that to the right of the potential tab trigger.
· rmate: Overwriting an existing file now preserve the existing file’s group and owner.