Texpad is a very easy to use and useful LaTeX editor that provides support for a straightforward navigation of projects of any size.
When Texpad opens a document it scans through it, looking for LaTeX structure commands and any included files, then it presents you with an outline view with which you can swiftly navigate the entire project.
Texpad replaces LaTeX's obscure console output with a table of typesetting errors. Clicking on these errors will direct you to the offending line in the LaTeX source.
Texpad's elegant single window design saves you from the clutter of windows. In even the largest projects all files are accessible from the outline view to the left of the editor. This one-window design works especially well with Lion's fullscreen mode.
Some features of Texpad, specifically LaTeX typesetting and BibTeX, require an underlying TeX distribution.
One may be downloaded free of charge from the MacTeX website, and a link to do so is included in Texpad. Without a TeX distribution Texpad will operate only in editor mode.
NOTE: To buy Texpad via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Texpad":
· Simple single window design
· Swiftly navigate through even the largest projects with the Outline view.
· Finding and understanding errors is quicker than ever with Texpad's error panel.
· 64-bit processor
· All typesetting functions are disabled in demo version.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· bugfix to undo
· bugfix to pstricks with xelatex
· suppressed create file suggestions when there are hashes in the filename