A comprehensive and simple to use LaTeX editor for the Mac
When Texpad opens a document it scans through it, looking for LaTeX structure commands and any included files, then it presents you with an outline view with which you can swiftly navigate the entire project.
Moreover, Texpad replaces LaTeX's obscure console output with a table of typesetting errors. Clicking on these errors will direct you to the offending line in the LaTeX source.
In addition, Texpad's elegant single window design saves you from the clutter of windows. In even the largest projects all files are accessible from the outline view to the left of the editor. This one-window design works especially well with Lion's fullscreen mode.
Furthermore, some features of Texpad, specifically LaTeX typesetting and BibTeX, require an underlying TeX distribution.
One may be downloaded free of charge from the MacTeX website, and a link to do so is included in Texpad. Without a TeX distribution Texpad will operate only in editor mode.
- Simple single window design
- Swiftly navigate through even the largest projects with the Outline view.
- Finding and understanding errors is quicker than ever with Texpad's error panel.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Maintenance release for Texpad 1.6.x series whilst we prepare Texpad's 1.7.0 update.
- Bug fix for Texpad Connect