Movie Draft's streamlined, clean and uncluttered interface gives you everything you need to write that next blockbuster. Already cited by many as the best tool available for writing screenplays. From concept, outline to finished draft.
Movie Draft SE can import many different formats, including Final Draft (*.fdr and *.fdx), Microsoft Word (*.doc and *.docx), Scene Writer Pro (*.swp and *.osfx), Rich Text (*.rtf) and good ol' Plain Text (*.txt).
Unlike other screenplay software, Movie Draft SE is not a word processor with added bells and whistles that requires you to write your screenplay from the top down.
It's unique Single Scene mode allows you to write non-linearly, that is, in any order you like! Want to write the ending first? No problem.
How about the middle? Again, with Movie Draft SE it's a piece of cake. The built-in Scene List acts like an outliner and you can even view your scenes as index cards that you can rearrange to your heart's desire.
Started writing your screenplay in another program? No problem. Movie Draft SE supports the following formats for importing your existing work: Movie Draft Format (default), Final Draft v8 (.fdx), Final Draft v5 - v7 (.fdr), Microsoft Word (.docx), Microsoft Word (.doc), SceneWriter Pro (.swp), SceneWriter Pro (.osfx), Rich Text (.rtf), Plain Text (.txt)
And Movie Draft SE can save to the following formats, so you can exchange your script with Final Draft users too: Movie Draft Format (default), Final Draft v8 (.fdx), Plain Text (.txt)
Here are some key features of "Movie Draft SE":
· Provides an uncluttered and clean design.
· Industry standard formatting.
· Non-linear writing of your scenes.
· Index Card view.
· Know exactly how long your scenes and acts are with SceneTime™
· Different page themes to fit with the way you work.
· Print out Character and Location profiles, including photos.
· Create as many scenes as you like and hide the ones you're not sure of.
· Add Icons and Notes to your scenes.
· Color-code your script when typing for ease of reading.
· Full-screen mode for an uncluttered writing experience.
· Group your scenes into acts. Collapsed acts appear greyed-out.
· American and British spell check.
· Template-based. Includes screenplay and stage play templates.
· Automatic (MORE) and (CONT'D).
· Easily caters for US Letter and European A4 paper.
· Add notes to any paragraph you like.
· Supports Final Draft and Movie Magic Screenwriter TAB and ENTER key strokes.
· Friendly "Getting Started" guide with an example project.
· Saving is disabled.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Tabbed Browsing
· Anti-aliased Font
· Scene Filters