MathMagic Pro for InDesign is an easy to use, powerful equation editor that can be used with Adobe InDesign to edit any mathematical expressions and symbols with WYSIWYG interface and various powerful features.
MathMagic Pro for InDesign was designed for multiple types of users, ranging from novices, students, teachers, higher education, and to the high-end desktop publishers.
Here are some key features of "MathMagic Pro for InDesign":
WYSIWYG equation editor with automatic formatting:
· All equations can be made and edited on the WYSIWYG editor window which has powerful automatic equation formatting engine. It is just like a word processor. No need to learn any text based commands. No need to have mathematical knowledge. Mouse and keyboard are just enough to make equations.
· Any mathematical expressions created using MathMagic Personal or Pro Edition will be aligned to the baseline of text in AppleWorks since it recognizes the baseline of MathMagic equations. MathMagic Pro Edition support automatic baseline matching for Inline graphic objects for InDesign and QuarkXPress.
MathML, LaTeX, AMS LaTeX, Plain TeX, MediaWiki, PDF, EPS, PICT, JPEG, GIF, RTFD, Google Docs, Zoho Equation, and MathType file supported:
· The latest MathMagic can read or paste MathML or LaTeX expressions. It also supports reading MathType generated equations, such as PICT, EPS, GIF. It helps you convert your legacy equations into MathMagic equation fast so that you can get high quality output. MathType equation can be directly drag and dropped into MathMagic window, or vice a versa.
· MathMagic also allows you to export equations to MathML, LaTeX, AMS LaTeX, MediaWiki(TeXvc) format so that you can use the equations in various targets. MathMagic 6.0 or newer supports PDF format for clipboard and exporting as well.
· MathMagic also supports Google Docs equation, Zoho Writer equation, and many other applications and Wiki web pages.
Wide range of templates:
· MathMagic covers almost all kinds of mathematical expressions ranging from elementary school level to higher graduate school. Any combinations of mathematical expressions are being able to be created with just a few clicks on more than 200 default templates.
· All the setting values of Spacings, Sizes, and Styles can be managed as a StyleSet. This feature allows users to create multiple formating environment and switch among them quickly. The StyleSet values can be shared with other people in the team so that they can have the same working environment.
· Hundreds of symbols within about 40 fonts are ready to be used with the intuitive symbol palettes that contain more than 450 frequently used symbols.
· Adobe InDesign 2.0.1 or later including CS, CS2, CS3
· About 20MB of hard disk space for complete installation
· 30 uses trial.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added: "Save As" dialog now supports saving in other formats as well as MathMagic native MMF. Saving directly to non-MathMagic formats are supported.
· Changed: "Export" sub-menu options are combined into the Save As dialog. Default setting for Export path removed from the Import/Export Options - Path pane.
· Changed: Double-arrow lines improved. Harpoon drawing improved.
· Changed: Factory default value for the Arrow line thickness is slightly increased.
· Changed: (Pro only) The preview PICT image in the EPS file now uses the Export rate specified in the Import/Export options dilaog - General pane, instead of the Copy rate.