Magic Text (formerly Magic Snippets) is the easiest way to type long and repetitive pieces of text (called “snippets“) with just a few keystrokes (called “shortcuts“) on your Mac.
Snippets may be plain text or even rich formatted text with colors, images, custom fonts, alignments…
NOTE: To buy Magic Snippets via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Magic Text (formerly Magic Snippets)":
With Magic Text (formerly Magic Snippets), you can also do the following in your snippets :
· include the current date/time in any format you like
· include the content of any other snippets
· simulate keystrokes during snippet expansion (you may use this feature to fill a whole form with just one snippet which would move from field to field with the tab key)
· position the cursor wherever you want after expansion
· Magic Text (formerly Magic Snippets) will expand your snippets in any open app on your Mac (your browser, mail client, word processor, text editor).
· Magic Text (formerly Magic Snippets) allows you to share your snippets very easily with a Dropbox account or a shared network directory, in case you’re using several computers.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Changed app name : now Magic Text (formerly known as Magic Snippets)
· Bug fixes