Medit is a unique, free, simple, easy to use application that acts as a UTF-8 text editor.
Medit is written in the Java programming language and can be run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Medit":
- Handles text files encoded in UTF-8 - the ASCII of 21st century, no other encoding is supported
- Searches in text for pattern - use F3 to search, F4 to switch keyboard focus between pattern and text box
- Word wrap can be applied and removed
- Keyboard layouts are independent of the setup of the OS
- Inspection of keyboard input compose sequences as text