Final Draft, the number-one selling word processor specifically designed for writing movie scripts, television episodics and stage plays, combines powerful word processing with professional script formatting in one self-contained, easy-to-use package.
There is no need to learn about script formatting rules. Final Draft will automatically format and paginate your script to industry standards as you write. Use your creative energy to focus on the content; let Final Draft take care of the style.
Final Draft is the number-one selling word processor specifically designed for writing movie scripts, television episodics and stage plays. It combines powerful word processing with professional script formatting in one self-contained, easy-to-use package.
There is no need to learn about script formatting rules Final Draft automatically paginates and formats your script to industry standards as you write.
NOTE: To buy Final Draft via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Final Draft":
· Final Draft scripts are identical on both Windows and Macintosh platforms and can easily be exchanged between both.
· Files from any word processor can be imported easily, no need to re-type your script. Export to multiple file formats (including PDF) to easily and securely share scripts with anyone.
· Final Draft is a preferred file format and the only scriptwriting software with an authorized agreement with the WGAW online registry service.
· Handles production functions with ease, including scene numbering, A and B pages, multiple revisions, character sides and specialized reports.
· A separate application that enables you to break down Final Draft scripts into their various elements and export them into any scheduling software.
· Dynamically compares two scripts and highlights any changes, allowing you to easily see the differences from one file to the next.
· Over 50 television show, movie and stageplay templates are included, complete with characters and locations.
· Checks your script for common formatting errors, such as missing dialogue, extra spaces, carriage returns and blank elements.
· Pop-up windows which can hold ideas, notes, suggestions or scene fragments without taking up space onscreen.
· Write, edit and discuss a script with other Final Draft users in real time, over the internet, anywhere in the world.
Text to Speech:
· Have your script read back to you by assigning different voices to your characters. It's like having a live script reading in your computer.
· Minimum 512 MB of RAM
· 50 MB available hard drive space
· CD-ROM drive or Internet connection
· 15 days trial.
· Scripts over 15 pages will not be saved.
· Printed pages will be watermarked.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Scene Navigator: Manage and view all the important details of your scene in this sortable floating pallet.
· Send to Script: Send copy from the Index Card Summary directly to your script.
· Pagination: Now you will be alerted about your printable area before you print.
· Text Highlighting: Select and highlight text quickly and easily with this new toolbar button.
· Remember Workspace: No more searching for the correct draft you were just working on.
· Scene Properties Inspector (SPI): Add scene titles and colors to track your story lines, characters, etc.
· Scene View: Outline your script ideas and reorder scenes in this high-level overview.
· Page Count Management: Now you have even more control about what fits on a page.
· Spotlight Search: Use the Spotlight feature on Mac and find any version 8 (.fdx) or version 8 template (.fdxt) files containing your searched words.
· File Format (now XML): Our new file format works seamlessly with third-party applications.