Clean Writer Pro is a minimalist yet very powerful Mac OS X text editor that will set your inspiration free by providing you with just the essential features, when they're needed.
Clean Writer Pro eliminates distraction and boosts your creativity and inspiration by removing clutter and hiding complex options from sight .
Clean Writer Pro has been created with writers in mind and with all those needing a simple yet powerful tool that doesn’t overwhelm with countless settings.
It is fast, effective, powerful and flexible enough to be the answer for 90% of your writing needs.
Use it to write your novels, poems or blog posts. Once you’re done, you might want other software to reformat, layout and prepare your work for printing.
That's OK. Clean Writer Pro’s purpose was fulfilled: to help unchain your creativity.
NOTE: To buy Clean Writer Pro via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Clean Writer Pro":
· OS X Lion document auto-save and versioning
· OS X Lion UI: auto-hiding scrollbars
· OS X Lion full screen minimalist writing mode, for uninterrupted writing
· Paragraph focus mode: fades away all paragraphs except the current one, allowing you to focus on the current phrase.
· Markdown preview: converts the current file to HTML using Markdown syntax and previews it in a pop up
· Markdown-to-HTML copy: converts the current markdown file to HTML and copies the result to the Clipboard, ready to be pasted to your blog, email or website
· Major performance improvements. Clean Writer Pro is now more stable, speedier, more responsive and snappier than ever
· Redesigned formatting: Bold, Italicize and Underline text the way you want.
· Live counters: the counters at the bottom show the number of words, characters, unwrapped hard lines and current line number
· Customizable: power users can override Clean Writer Pro presets to chose custom colors, fonts, paragraph indents, text transparency and more. Take a look at the advanced command line commands on the official web page
· Color themes: black on white, dark grey on light grey, white on black, hacker and even more (see advanced tips on our website)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· improved stability, fixed formatting bar and blurred text issues
· rich text mode now allows creation of lists (a feature many of you requested)
· word/char counters for the selected text (if any)
· improved markdown preview