Byword is a very easy to use text editor that provides a clean and simple interface.
Byword starts with a clean full-screen interface that lets you start typing right away—no templates to choose, no type settings to tune, no spacing to adjust. Everything is already prepared for you.
NOTE: To buy Byword via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Byword":
· Full-screen interface.
· Focus mode to highlight only the few lines nearby the cursor—you will love this.
· 5 beautiful typography presets optimized for legibility and readability.
· Plain text (TXT) and rich text (RTF) editing.
· Special selection functions to facilitate text manipulation.
· Convenient keyboard shortcuts to quickly make changes.
· In-place formatting options presented in a contextual popover.
· User-interface accessory views fade away when typing.
· Integrated Find and Replace.
· Printing and exporting to PDF.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes an crash converting text to lists or quotations in plain text mode
· Better support for self-hosted WordPress blogs
· More flexibility in what is accepted when publishing to Evernote
· Improved details on publishing errors