The OpenOffice.org Writer provides very good support for larger documents.
Nonetheless, creating and managing big scientific documents like a Master- or Ph.D-Thesis with a large number of bibliographic fields can be much more difficult than it should with the standard dialog under OOWriter.
OpenOffice.org is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Bibliography Manager":
· Manage bibliography data as supported by the standard dialog in OoWriter
· Search support for inserting a bibliographic field with data allready existing in the document
· Intuitive change functionality for the identifier of an existing bibliographic field (allover the document)
· Shows the user in the mask for the bibliography field data, what data is required by the bibliography index of the document, if any
· OpenOffice.org 3.2 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· requires Oo3.2 or higher