Rainlendar is a free application that uses the standard iCalendar format to store its events and tasks so you can easily transfer them between applications.
You can also subscribe to online calendars and task lists including the Google Calendar and Remember The Milk and edit your Outlook appointments directly in Rainlendar.
Rainlendar is an unicode application and support localization so you can use it on your own language.
All the future events are shown in a separate list where you can see the week's events at one glance. You can decide how many days in advance you want to see in the list. Different events can have a different appearance in the list so you can easily spot the important events from the others.
The icons in the calendar are also available in the event list and other windows to make it easier to separate the events.
You can also have a separate list for your long term tasks. The task list can be arranged several ways so that you can keep it better organized. You can also set a due date for the tasks to make sure you'll remember to do them on time.
You'll also get an alarm when an event or task is due so that you don't miss it. The alarm can be defined to be set off any duration before the actual event so you have time to prepare for it.
Here are some key features of "Rainlendar Lite":
· Rainlendar can be run on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. All platforms use the same file formats so all skins and scripts created for different versions will work also on all.
· Rainlendar supports localization so you can have the user interface in your own language. Rainlendar is an Unicode application so different character sets can be used at the same time.
· Rainlendar uses standard iCalendar format for it events and tasks to maximize the compatibility with other calendar applications. You can easily transfer the events from the calendar you are currently using to Rainlendar.
· The appearance of the calendar can be changed with skins. The skins can be of any shape and size and they can also use scripts for additional functionality. It's also possible to combine different skins by using e.g. the calendar from one skin and event and to do list from another. The events and tasks can have different appearance depending on their category.
· It is possible to have multiple months visible at the same time. The months can be laid out the way you want and they can even have different sizes.
· You can have any number of calendars show at the same time. Different calendars can show e.g. holidays, tv programs, your personal events or what ever you like.
Import & Export:
· Events and tasks can be transferred to and from other calendar applications. You can also import the data from the old version of Rainlendar.
To do list:
· In addition to normal events Rainlendar includes a separate to do list where you can store your ongoing tasks.
· Get notified in advance before the event is due so that you don't forget any important events. The alarm works with tasks too.
· The events and tasks can be made to repeat automatically so you don't have to enter them multiple times. It's also possible to have exceptions in case the event doesn't happen on one particular day.
· Lua scripting language makes it possible to extend the functionality of Rainlendar.
· Integrated backup and restore functionality makes it easy to make sure your events safe if something bad happens.
· Print your events and tasks as a separate list or as a month view.
· If you have a lot of events and tasks you can find the one you are looking for easily with the substring search in the Manager dialog.
· 512 MB of RAM or higher recommended
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a crash bug if another instance of Rainlendar was started.
· "Number of past days the list shows" was not working.
· Reversing the sorting from the event list's context menu could not be done.
· The font effects did not work for custom categories.
· The tool buttons in the manager adjust to the text width.
· It was not possible to remove calendar selection on Mac if "Allow multiple calendars" was enabled.
· Exporting the events in the manager only worked if the list had selection. Now all events are exported if there is no selection.
· The autocompletion works again in the category combobox.
· The traytip does not gain focus anymore when it is shown.
· Double click on the week or day view always created an all day event.
· The reminders were not read correctly from iCloud with CalDAV.
· The status image was not shown in the tray icon on Windows and Mac.
· Executing lua from command line failed on Linux and Mac.
· Creating a exception to a event in week view by dragging deleted the original event from Go...