iDive offers amateur and semi-professional users a robust on-screen "digital video shoebox" to capture, compress, annotate, store, search and view clips and still images.
The application includes truly innovative tools that make navigation both easy and fast, regardless of the number of clips being stored.
iDive, the "digital video shoebox" is a media management application aimed at digital video (DV) users that can turn any assortment of disorganised tapes into an instantly accessible library of digital video.
Designed to sit alongside DV editing applications, and to integrate seamlessly with your digital hub, iDive promises to eliminate the frustration and time-wasting in locating and viewing clips hidden amongst hours of footage, by simplifying visualization, tagging, storage, organization and retrieval of digital video clips and photos.
Import your digital video tapes into iDive and discover iDive's powerful and innovative viewing, tagging and search capabilities. Now, you can also import any QuickTime movie file into the catalog, annotate it for instant retrieval. iDive also supports cataloging media from your CDs/DVDs and clips from your iMovie project.
Featuring extensive export capabilities, iDive is designed to become your DV editing application's best friend, by offering easy navigation, innovative visualization and turbo-charged search facilities.
Here are some key features of "iDive":
Easy video capture from a Digital Camcorder:
· Via firewire, at the touch of a button.
Import video from any QuickTime video file:
· All formats catalogued in one Application.
Compress the video file:
· in any Quicktime codec with iDive
· Print contact sheets and CD/DVD covers with your clips
Breakthrough clip visualization:
· Clip sampling, PowerPreview for instant view of your footage.
Multiple point of views on your video data:
· Icon, list and timeline views, all fully customizable
Video Logging: Drag and Drop Annotation:
· Via intuitive people, places and events tags. Integrated editor.
Video Clip Searching:
· Via multi-criteria filters...or by typing a few words. Fast and intuitive..
Getting your Video Footage Organized:
· Libraries, tapes, sequences and clip lists at their best.
Export to your video editing software like iMovie:
· Getting your footage into iMovie, FCE or FCP is as easy as a drag and drop from iDive
Manage your iMovie Projects:
· Catalog, Search, Retrieve and Launch your iMovie projects using iDive
Export frames to your Digital Photo Album:
· Export frames in a variety of formats. Drag and drop to iPhoto.
Support for nomadic users:
· Move your libraries of clips transparently between your computers.
Speed even with hundred + tapes:
· Ultra fast resizing and scrolling thanks to optimized display strategies.
· QuickTime 7.5.5 or later
· G5, or Intel-based Mac
· 12 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
· iDive is limited to 200 clips.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Integrate FFMpeg codec, you don't have download the codec when launching iDive for the first time
· Add looping mode when playing video