iCaption is a very efficient and simple-to-use subtitle editor based on timeline editing.
Soft subs are stored as files separate from the video so the subtitles can be swapped out with other languages. The file formats currently supported are SubRip and YouTube.
NOTE: To buy iCaption via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "iCaption":
· Loading a reference video to makes editing easier.
· Transfer times from reference video timeline selection.
· Search subtitles allows you to filter the subtitle list.
· Previewing allows you to test subtitles without an external viewer.
· Create, edit, open and save YouTube (.sbv) files.
· Create, edit, open and save SubRip (.srt) files.
· Convert SubRip to and from YouTube.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The Preview is now combined with Play/Pause, which is toggled with the Command + P shortcut.
· Added the ability to add subtitles on the fly while the video is playing, using the '[' and ']' keys in combination with Command for the new subtitle's start and end times respectively.
Added trackpad support for the changing the timeline scope:
· Two-finger horizontal swipe while the pointer is in the time line will move the scope one minute forward or backward.
· The pinch/stetch gesture while the pointer is in the time l