StreamToMe is a Mac OS X application for iOS devices that plays video, music and photo files (in a wide variety of formats) streamed live from your Mac or PC.
If you connect the video-out cable for iPhone/iPod/iPad, StreamToMe can play through your TV, turning your iPhone/iPod/iPad into a wireless home media center.
Once you've purchased StreamToMe and downloaded it to your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, you'll need an Intel Mac or Windows computer running ServeToMe to stream files to it.
NOTE: To download StreamToMe via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "StreamToMe":
· Files do not need to be pre-converted to an iPhone/iPod/iPad size or format — the ServeToMe application converts the files to an iPhone-friendly format on-the-fly, so a single touch will start playback in as little as 5 seconds. Play, pause or seek through the file as though it were converted and copied onto your iPhone/iPod/iPad.
· StreamToMe is able to play a huge range of video and music formats including MP4, FLV, AVI, MOV, MPG, MKV, MP3, AAC, WMA and WMV formats (see StreamToMe Support: File formats for a more thorough list).
· StreamToMe will work at DVD resolutions over local WiFi but can adjust the stream quality automatically to play smoothly from a remote WiFi or 3G location.
· The TV out cable is supported so you can connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your TV to use your Mac or PC as a wireless streaming media center for your TV.
· A 1.8Ghz Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon II CPU or faster is required (must support SSE3). PowerPC Macs are not supported.
· A WiFi or 3G network connection between your Mac and your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch
· UPnP or NAT-PMP must be enabled on all routers for non-local access (remote WiFi or 3G)
· A 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster is recommended for 480p and higher video resolutions.
· ServeToMe application running
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug where the password dialog could appear repeatedly when the servers list is refreshed.