SimplePlayer is an open source, simple, single window, and QTKit-based media player for Mac OS X.
SimplePlayer uses QTX engine and QT7 engine.
SimplePlayer supports container-conversion (Remux) and it includes container-conversion-dedicated ffmpeg binary, and could try converting to mov even if the media file is not QTKit ready. (demuxers : mov, mp4, avi, flv, matroska, mjpeg, mpegps, mpegts, mpegtsraw, mpegvideo)
SimplePlayer can handle some flv files with remix, which could make audio drift with Perian.
SimplePlayer can open some (H.264 + AC-3).m2ts with Perian's support.
· Space/Enter/Return : Play/Pause
· Left/Right arrow key : step forward/backward
· option key + left arrow key : go to beginning
· option key + right arrow key : go to end
· QuickTime 7.6.6 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Lion support. New full screen support. Minor fixes.