Screeny is a simple to use Mac OS X screen recording app that will give you the freedom to capture your videos or images at any size.
You can click & drag to resize the capture area or input the exact pixel dimensions to set to the size of the capture area. All the while you will get instant feedback on the capture area's current pixel dimensions.
Screen casting just got a billion times better with Screeny. Now you can capture a specific portion of your screen, rather than having to record your entire desktop.
This can drastically reduce video file size and bring focus to a specific portion of your screen.
NOTE: To buy Screeny via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Screeny":
· Record video of your screen at any size.
· Optionally capture audio from your computer's microphone when recording video (no system audio at this time).
· Snap an image of your screen at any size (even across multiple monitors).
· Videos saved down at highest possible quality, and can be exported for web, etc. using Quicktime.
· Customizable keyboard shortcuts for all recording actions.
· Screeny is a MenuBar app and a very simple & powerful tool.
· Set your recording canvas size by entering a specific pixel dimension or by choosing some handy pre-set dimensions or by clicking, dragging & expanding the recording canvas.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed bugs that prevented certain computers from being able to stop recording.
· Added support for Droplr file sharing.
· Added Retina support.
· Other small bug fixes.