Movist is a powerful and easy to use movie player for Mac OS X based on QuickTime and FFMPEG.
Movist is a media player that comes support for high quality captions, playlists, media playback controls, full screen control panel, and extensive subtitle options.
Movist supports many useful features to enjoy movies including H.264 video decode acceleration, digital audio out (S/PDIF), high quality subtitles, convenient & beautiful user interface and so on.
NOTE: To buy Movist via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Movist":
· Single Window Mode or Multiple Document Mode.
· Various Window Resizing Center & Style.
· Traditional or Lion-style Full Screen.
· Desktop Background Display.
· Fully customizable Themes. (Users can make and install custom themes. Graphics and UI Controls are customizable.)
· Many File Formats supported. (.mov, .avi, .mp4, .m4v, .mkv, .mpg, .wmv and so on.)
· Many Video & Audio Codecs supported. (If you like QuickTime decoder, Perian is useful for various codec support. On the other hand, There's nothing to do for FFmpeg decoder.)
· Codec-to-Decoder Binding.
· H.264 Video Decode Acceleration. (NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, GeForce 320M, GeForce GT 330M, ATI HD Radeon GFX, Intel HD Graphics needed.)
· Many Core Image Filters supported.
· Under-Scan for TV out.
· Digital Audio Out (S/PDIF).
· System Volume Change.
· A/V Sync Adjustment.
· High Quality Subtitle supported.
· Many Subtitle Format supported. (SubRip(.srt), Sub Station Alpha(.ssa, .ass), SAMI(.smi), VobSub(.idx/.sub), TMPlayer, MPL2.)
· Embedded Subtitles in .mkv supported.
· Compressed Subtitles in .zip & .rar supported.
· Subtitle Display on Letter Box.
· 3-Subtitles Concurrent Display.
· Full Customizable Subtitle Display. (Font, Text Color, Stroke Color & Width, Shadow Color, Blur, Darkness, Offset & Angle. Horizontal/Vertical Position & Margin, Alignment, Line Spacing.)
· Language-to-Subtitle Binding.
· Subtitle Text Encoding auto-detection.
· Subtitle Pre-rendering.
· Subtitle Sync Adjustment.
· Similar Named Movie Series auto-detection.
· Playlist Repeat Mode & End-Job(Sleep, Logout, Shutdown, …).
· Playlist Load & Save.
· 3-Level Seeking Intervals.
· Playback Speed Adjustment.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed long launching time when network drives in Accessible Folders are disconnected.
· Fixed adding folder with same prefix of name to Accessible Folders.
· Fixed saving screenshot because of App Sandbox.
· Fixed navigation in 10.6.
· Fixed no sound when default audio equalizer is set in preferences.
· Fixed go-to-first and repeat-one in some movies.
· Fixed last-play-position when "Keep Current Movie Settings" is on.
· Fixed skip-beginning when "Keep Current Movie Settings" is on.
· Fixed embedded SubRip subtitles in some .mkv.
· Fixed incorrect color of some VobSub subtitles.
· Fixed shortcut removal in OS X 10.7 or later.
· Fixed window state when exit full screen of other space in Lion full-screen.
· Fixed file closing when window is closed.
· Fixed no video when open a movie file while window is in Dock.
· Fixed record when "Note Recent Document" is never.
· Supported accurate seeking in FFmpeg.
· Supported previous step in FFmpeg.
· Enhanced screenshot file naming.
· Enhanced track info display.
· Added video filt...