MP4tools is an offshoot of the current version of MKVtools. MP4tools is a Mac OS X application used for the creation and editing of MP4 videos.
MP4tools was primarily designed for processing videos files for use in hardware capable of playing MP4 or M4V videos, such as the iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and PS3.
As the name might imply, MP4tools is a graphical interface for a variety of tools useful for processing video files.
Here are some key features of "MP4Tools":
· Convert from a variety of video file formats like MKV, MP4, OGM and AVI into MP4 videos.
· Can convert most videos without having to re-encode the video track and/or the audio track, so processing takes minutes instead of hours and no quality is lost.
· Simplified, intuitive user interface that takes the guess work out of processing MP4 videos.
· Ability to convert various surround sound audio to 5.1 AC3 or 5.1 AAC.
· Intuitively select desired video, audio and/or subtitle tracks to process, with the ability to verify the selections using video preview.
· Use presets for one step encoding for playback on common hardware such as the iPhone and Apple TV.
· Burn (i.e., hard code) subtitle tracks into the video, or mux (soft subtitles) from internal tracks or from external subtitle files commonly found on the internet.
· Control the font, size and positioning of the embedded subtitles.
· Split MP4 videos into segments of a specified file size or by start/end time.
· Adjust the Pixel Aspect Ratio of MP4 videos.
· MP4tools also provides support for joining MP4 files.
· Extract the selected tracks from MP4 videos as individual video and/or audio files.
· Add jobs to a queue either individually or in batches via drag and drop so you can process multiple files overnight (registered copies only).
· Apply one setting to a group of files for easy batch creations (registered copies only).
· A “nag” window will appear every time you load a new file.
· You may only run 1 job at a time, so you can't take advantage of the queue and batch capabilities of MP4tools.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug that caused the start time to be ignored when splitting videos
· Fixed some permission issues that could effect users on computers with mulitple accounts