MKV2M4V is a very easy to use application that allows you to convert MKV files to M4V format.
MKV2M4V is very fast because an audio track is only converted and a video track(encoded in H.264) is copied(pass-through).
NOTE: To buy MKV2M4V via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "MKV2M4V":
· 32/64-bit support.
· Convert-Lists support.
· Decoding FLAC audio codec also support.
· Video and audio tracks of the source file are supported only one of each(clean-up).
· Converted M4V file's audio codec is ALAC(2ch).
· MKV, FLV files can be converted to M4V.
· Depending on the encoding settings when the source video track was encoded using H.264 codec, converted m4v file may not play normally.
· Internal subtitle of MKV file is not supported.
· If source file's video codec is not H.264, it is not converted normally.
· If source file's audio formats are FLAC and 32 bit/6 channels, it is not converted normally.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved compatibility about subtitles for the 'Closed Caption' feature.
Some 'Automator' actions were added:
· 'Add Files to List', 'Add List to Queue', 'Change Options', 'Start to Convert' action.
· You can use these actions as the example described next: 'Ask for Finder Items' > 'Add Files to List' > 'Change Options' > 'Add List to Queue' > 'Start to Convert' > 'Reveal Finder Items' action.
· There are some restrictions by 'Sandbox'. It works with video files that are in the following folders and its subfolders: ~/Downloads, ~/Movies, MKV2M4V target directory.