Professional interactive media developers throughout the world acknowledge LiveStage Pro as the most functional, powerful and cost effective application for converging more than 200 media formats to create incredibly powerful and engaging digital presentations (including MPEG 4, H.264 and Flash).
With LiveStage Professional you can create your own custom controllers to present your interactive content in uniquely shaped and branded players. LiveStage Pro also delivers unprecedented features to VR developers allowing them to combine their VR projects with other media types to create greater interactive experiences.
LiveStage Pro is a very powerful tool that aids the user in any presentation process allowing him to convert and manage over 200 media formats
Here are some key features of "LiveStage Pro":
· FastTracks(tm) contain shortcuts around setting the most common properties for the most popular types of presentations. For example, if you're creating a custom media player for a website console, an educational VR or a series of movie trailers, we've just made your life a lot simpler. When you bring in a skin, you don't have to worry about re-sizing it to match the size of your media - a FastTrack(tm) does it for you. Also, you don 't have to think about scripting for the standard playback control buttons - FastTrack(tm) handles that too. And, you don't have to worry about adding the 'close' and 'fullscreen' buttons - FastTrack(tm) does it automatically.
· You'll spend less time and energy repeating procedures and get on with improving the quality of your project.
· QuickTime and Flash represent a valuable combination and LiveStage Professional 4 has a number of new features that will make the integration of even the most advanced Flash projects a breeze. LiveStage Professional now supports Flash 5 media, exported from either Flash 5 or Flash MX, and you can incorporate the most complex Flash media inside a nested movie directly in LiveStage Professional 4.
· MPEG4 is the new open standard format that can be published to multiple devices simultaneously. LiveStage Professional 4 can access and playback original MPEG4 content. No need to manipulate or transcode to a new format. And, using MPEG4 for re-purposing content means no quality degradation, no storage of multiple formats. The same file can be deployed in LiveStage Professional while also remaining accessible to other applications and devices.
· QuickTime VR takes interactivity to a new dimension quite literally. With QuickTime VR, users can explore three-dimensional objects and panoramic scenes, real, or imagined. Whether the subject is a distant locale or a computer generated 3D rendering, QTVR provides a unique and captivating user experience. Because the VR Track is scriptable, you can enhance and extend the already impressive VR technology with added interactivity. LiveStage Professional also supplies a set of FastTracks that go hand in hand with the VR Track. These FastTracks allow you to quickly enhance the VR experience in your projects. As with all FastTracks, you can decompile and modify them to better suit your needs.
Synchronizer and Markers:
· These features are real time savers and productivity enhancers. LiveStage Professional 4 has simplified synching up elements such as PowerPoint slides and closed captioning to a video/audio stream and has made the more complex synchronization of multiple video/audio samples much less complex. Simply drag media tracks into the timeline then click to insert 'in' and 'out' points or markers along its length and your slides snap into sequence; your video snaps into precise position.
One Click CD Export With Built-in QuickTime Detection:
· QuickStart is a QuickTime detection and launch designed for developers authoring to CDROM. When using the export-to-CD feature, QuickStart is installed on the CD. QuickStart's job is to automatically detect if the QuickTime player is installed on the end-user's computer, the version running, and detect any other third party components necessary to play the CD. QuickStart then installs from the CD the player and any necessary components and automatically launches the presentation.
· The QScript reference window has been completely reorganized in LiveStage Professional 4. It is much easier to navigate and locate scripts and the reference window now provides examples of the selected script as well as a useful definition. Also, the QScript Reference Window is now based on XML, which means that it can be quickly updated with new information.
AppleScript (Mac only):
· There is probably no better cost saving feature in LiveStage Professional than AppleScript. Developers don't need to know how to program AppleScript; they simply record their actions as they work and an AppleScript is generated on the fly, automating each and every step for the next time they need it. Complex projects can now be churned out in a fraction of the time and by developers with minimal scripting experience.
· The Debug Console Window has been improved for troubleshooting your LiveStage Professional projects. Now you can view the scripts as they execute and send your own debugging messages through the Debug String QScript action. All error messages are now clearly described with possible solutions in the QScript Reference window.
· QuickTime 6.1 or later
· 256 MB of system memory
· 20 MB of application RAM
· 30 MB of HDD space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New User Interface - Stage/Timeline Window
· One of the most important changes to LiveStage Professional 4 is the intuitive nature of the all-new user interface.
· First off, the Timeline and Stage now share the same window and provide both a visual and a linear perspective simultaneously. While you're there, you'll notice you can do much more by dragging objects onto the stage and altering them in place.
· More right-click menus, more pop-up windows and more short-cuts equals less digging for track properties, less menu drilling, less redundancy in tasks.
· You'll spend less time and energy navigating around in LiveStage Professional 4 and get on with improving the quality of your project.