Krut is a screencast tool, written in Java, well suited for making video tutorials (instructional videos) on most platforms.
Krut records movie files of selected parts of your screen in the quicktime mov format, including sound. Krut has an intuitive and compact user interface.
In addition to a movie file, Krut also records separate files for video (MOV) and audio (WAV), to allow re-encoding to any movie format using an external encoding program.
Here are some key features of "Krut":
· Timer-controlled recording
· Moveable recording areas during recording
· Preview of ongoing recording
· Optional mouse pointer recording
· Record/Playback at 2 different frame rates
· Highly accurate audio-video synchronization
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A timer function for recording has been added, along with a timer-GUI.
· An option for making the recording area follow the mousepointer around the screen has been added. The motion is smooth, using classical acceleration mechanics.
· A preview window has been added, allowing the user to see the film as it is being recorded.
· The design of the mouse pointer in the movies has been changed.
· The default jpg compression (video quality) has been changed from 0.5 to 0.75.
· Small changes have been made in the messages communicating with the user.
· Small GUI changes have been made.
· File names of the saved image files are now visible on the Snapshot window.
· The Thread structure and startup processes of the program have been improved.
· The Snapshot windows have been adapted in size to the capture area.
· The handling of other programs accessing files as krut tries to overwrite has been improved.
· The memory handling has been changed.
· The structure and commenting of the code have been improved.
· An error c...