HandBrake is a cross-platform, multithreaded video transcoder application that allows you to convert between common multimedia formats.
You can add chapter selection markers, subtitles, if needed. HandBrake keeps a constant bitrate for the entire video.
You can use almost all audio/video formats as source, as well as DVD or Blu-ray discs without copy protection.
Output formats range from MP4, MKV, MPEG, H.264 to AAC, AC3, MP3 or AVI.
Here are some key features of "HandBrake":
· Built-in presets
· Chapter selection and marker
· Live video preview
· Multiple video filters
· Average bitrate video enconding
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved HandBrake pineapple icon by Matt Johnson
· Improved Retina-resolution icons within the application, by Nik Pawlak
· Double framerate ("bob") mode for the deinterlace and decomb filters
· Assorted bug fixes and improvements to the core library (libhb)
· Allow the selection of higher audio bitrates where appropriate
· Audio dithering (TPDF) when converting to 16-bit FLAC
Blu-ray (PGS) subtitle support:
· works with Foreign Audio Search
· can be Burned-In
· can be passed through to MKV (but not MP4)
Additional video framerates:
· 30, 50, 59.94, 60 fps
Better audio remix support:
· additional mixdowns: 6.1, 7.1, 7.1 (5F/2R/LFE) CLI users should note 6ch becomes 5point1
· better-than-Stereo sources can be upmixed to 5.1
· discard one channel from Stereo sources: Mono (Left Only), Mono (Right Only)
Allow the selection of lower audio samplerates where appropriate:
· 8, 11.025, 12, 16 kHz
· Use libavcodec for DTS audio decoding (instead of libdc...