DivX Web Player supports all of the major browsers for Windows and Mac OS X (IE, Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, Camino) and enables you to embed high-quality DivX content in your website or blog without using special streaming servers or installing any server-side software.
DivX Web Player is designed to play videos live, inside the browser and the plug-in can automatically download content you watch to your hard drive so that you can replay it later using the free DivX Player.
With DivX Web Player you can blow the video out to full screen for maximum immersion.
Here are some key features of "DivX Plus Web Player":
Streaming MKV for the Web:
· We've packed our DivX Plus Web Player with a ton of new features. In addition to DivX files, you can now watch stunning high definition MKV videos right in your web browser and go full screen without losing quality. DivX Plus Web Player includes the ability to play all the impressive MKV features like multiple audio tracks, subtitles and immersive 5.1 channel AAC audio.
Stunning HD video in your browser:
· Most web players struggle with HD video. The DivX Plus Web player is the first of its kind to capture the cinematic experience of DivX Plus HD video in MKV and bring it right to your browser. Click play, hit full screen and enjoy true HD video with surround sound.
Save your videos for later:
· It's easy to save videos that you watch in DivX Plus Web Player — just click the DivX ‘X' menu button when your video has finished loading. Watch it later on your computer with the DivX Plus Player or on a DivX Certified device, such as a DVD player, PlayStation 3 or mobile phone. (Note that the save feature may be disabled by the webmaster.)
Multiple subtitles & audio tracks:
· DivX users span the globe, so we built our web player to support multiple subtitles and audio tracks.
Surround yourself with sound:
· Our focus is on high-quality video, but we know an ideal playback experience needs great audio too. DivX Plus Web Player supports video that contains 5.1 channel surround sound (with AAC audio), so with a proper soundcard, you can get an immersive audio experience from your web video.
Easily publish DivX and MKV video:
· In a few simple steps, you can host high-quality video on your site, including high definition MKV files. By embedding DivX Plus Web Player, you can offer up to 1080p HD video with features you can't find in most web players such as multiple audio tracks and subtitles.
· Use the DivX Plus Web Player code generator to easily embed high-quality DivX and DivX Plus HD video onto your blog or website.
· By encoding and hosting your videos in the DivX Plus format using the highly efficient H.264 codec, you can reduce bandwidth usage by 20% or more while maintaining the same high-quality experience.
Reach users in all languages:
· Use the power of the MKV container to easily mux in subtitles and multiple audio tracks. Create your own subtitles with free tools or find subtitles online to provide a customized experience for users around the world.
Customize your player:
· 128 MB of RAM
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Additional sites supporting DivX HiQ – use DivX Plus Web Player on YouTube and more
· Improved Performance and Buffering (See details below)
· New Format Support – MP4 & MOV
· HTML5 tag support
· Optional DXVA Hardware acceleration
Improvements and Fixes:
· Significant stability and performance improvements
· Fixed DivX extensions bug for Google Chrome so it installs correctly
· Cache files are stored in the proper system “temp” folder now
· Clearing the cache from the preferences dialog now works properly
· DivX Download Manager (DDM) automatically closes when not being used now