Color Height Transition are a set of transitions plug-ins for iMovie. The underlying idea is quite simple: each pixel's color height (intensity) decides when it will transition from left to right.
Color Height Transition will provide up to ten different methods to decide how a pixel will transition. Additionally, for the intro and exit plug-ins, you can specify a color from which to into, or transition to.
· crossfade: fade between two clips, using ten different color height methods
· fade in: transition from a user-specified color, using 10 different methods.
· fade out: transition to a user-specified color, using 10 diferent methods
Here are some key features of "Color Height Transition":
· with the method pop-up you determine how a pixel transitions between the left and right source. each method's first letter (L or R) determines, which source is used for comparison. therefore, the plug supports five different methods for each source (making a total of 10 methods). the mehods all take the pixel's intensity (or fragments of it) as a measure at what time the pixel should transition from source left to source right.
· this method transitions each pixel's channel (red, green, blue) individually
· this method uses only the pixel's red channel as indicator to transition
· this method uses only the pixel's green channel as indicator to transition
· this method uses only the pixel's blue channel as indicator to transition
· this method uses the pixel's brightness as indicator to transition