As the name suggests, CinepakPro and CinepakPro QTX are new versions of the venerable Cinepak compressor, with enhanced features to improve the quality of your compressed video.
What's New in This Release:
· Extremely accurate data rate controls to eliminate data spikes. In most cases, the data rate that you request will be controlled so accurately that every frame will be within 1 percent of the requested data rate, and often within 1/10th of a percent! This will allow the multimedia developer to use the entire bit-budget to provide the highest quality Cinepak compressed video possible without ever exceeding the maximum data rate.
· Variable and adaptive keyframe-to-interframe ratio controls let you finally cure those nasty key-frame flashing problems. If the key frames look worse than the interframes, increase the K:I ratio (move the slider to the right). If the key frames look better than the interframes, lower the K:I ratio (move the slider to the left). Its just that simple!
· A new "threshold of pain" setting, which will allow you to decide when CinepakPro should set a natural key frame vs: generating a forced key frame. You can even set the compressor to never generate a forced key frame, and (using the slider) let CinepakPro decide where to put key frames.
· Better quality of detailed areas. Detail in darker or shadowed areas is significantly improved.
· Improved quality at higher and lower data rates than ever before. We've seen quality CinepakPro compressed videos at data rates from over 1Mb/sec down to below 25k/sec.
· Of course, CinepakPro generates 100 percent, completely Cinepak(R) compatible movies. This means that they will play back using all existing native Cinepak decompressors.
· Can you say "Installed User Base"?
· Quicktime 3.0 or later.