redsn0w is a free, fast and powerful unlocking, multi-platform jailbreaking, and customizing tool designed for the iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4S, iPod touch 1G, iPod touch 2G, iPod touch 3G, and iPod touch 4G.
redsn0w IS TO BE USED AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS IS, STOP USING THE APPLICATION AND DELETE IT.
NOTE: redsn0w is not for commercial use.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· restore from any 5.x iOS to any other (up, down or the same) 5.x iOS on all devices as long as you have the correct blobs (see more below)
· Cydia now included in the tethered 6.0 jailbreak on A4 devices
· automatically “Just Boot” tethered when qualifying A4 device connects in DFU mode
· untethered 6.0 jailbreak on old-bootrom 3GS
· untethered 6.0 hactivation on any 3GS or iPhone4
· directly restore pre-A5 devices to earlier firmware — no more complicated 15-step how-to’s with stitching, iTunes errors, and “hosts file” concerns
· fetch new signed blobs for any IPSW (present or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->SHSH Blobs->New
· block the BB update for any 3GS or iPhone4 restore (past, present, or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->Even More->Restore
· deactivate any iPhone, useful for testing your “official” unlock status through iTunes. (Please only deactivate your own iPhone!)
· activation status shown on “Even more” page