A free tool that processes filled paper forms that were created in queXML, such as survey questionnaires
queXF can be used as a web based, Open Source alternative to programs such as Remark OMR and Cardiff Teleform, in some situations. queXF can also be used as a CADE (Computer Assisted Data Entry) tool.
queXF removes the need to manually enter form data, therefore reducing error and fatigue. queXF does OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) on each form to determine if boxes have been filled, and can use Tesseract OCR to determine what characters have been entered in to boxes.
Operators need little knowledge of the form design as queXF breaks down the verification task in to a question by question process. The operator works in a web browser and does not need to install any other software on their computer, therefore can work from any location with network access.
queXF is Open Source and only relies on other Open Source packages to operate.
- Unlimited number of operators for verification
- Accurately guesses if check boxes have been marked
- All operations done through a web browser, so distributed processing possible
- Allows forms to be reviewed over the web to confirm data is accurate
- Automatically detects locations of boxes on the form (no need to manually overlay boxes)
- Experimental: Integrates with Tesseract OCR to read text and numbers from the form
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed Bug:
- lp-1316861 Duplicate forms can not be easily deleted
- New feature: