iDefrag is an easy to use tool designed to improve your Mac's performance by defragmenting and optimizing the filesystem.
iDefrag provides support for both on-line and off-line defragmentation. iDefrag also uses different methods for compacting and optimizing metadata.
iDefrag comes with several optimization algorithms such as Full Defrag, Compact, Quick (on-line) and Optimize and Metadata.
Here are some key features of "iDefrag":
· Can perform simple defragmentation while you continue using the disk
· Provides support for journaled filesystems
· Support for AppleScript and Automator
· Four defragmentation algorithms
· Temperature monitoring sensors
· Case-sensitive HFS+ support
· 400MHz PowerPC G4 or better or any Intel Mac.
· 512MB RAM.
· Start-up nag screen
· Defrag is disabled in demo version.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved error message when Quick (on-line) algorithm encounters Time Machine backups.
· Some accessibility improvements.
· Fixed running on 10.5 and some 10.6 configurations.
· Fixed a crasher that you could get if you tried to create a recovery disk on certain disks.
· Fixed a hang that could occur in some rare error scenarios.
· Fixed a farily rare hang that you could get whilst running in the exclusive restart mode.