dupeGuru is a tool to find duplicate files on your computer. dupeGuru is capable of scanning either contents or filenames. The filename scan features a fuzzy matching algorithm that can find duplicate filenames even when they are not exactly the same.
dupeGuru is efficient. Find your duplicate files in minutes, thanks to its quick fuzzy matching algorithm. dupeGuru not only finds filenames that are the same, but it also finds similar filenames.
dupeGuru is customizable. You can tweak its matching engine to find exactly the kind of duplicates you want to find. The Preference page of the help file lists all the scanning engine settings you can change.
dupeGuru is safe. Its engine has been especially designed with safety in mind. Its reference directory system as well as its grouping system prevent you from deleting files you didn't mean to delete.
Do whatever you want with your duplicates. Not only can you delete duplicates files dupeGuru finds, but you can also move or copy them elsewhere.
Thanks to the Power Marker feature you may also weed the bad duplicates out quite easily.
· Limited functionality in Demo mode.
· Only 10 duplicates per session can be sent to the recycle bin, moved or copied.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved “Make Selection Reference” to make it clearer. (#222)
· Improved “Open Selected” to allow opening more than one file at once. (#142)
· Fixed a few typos here and there. (#216 #225)
· Tweaked the fairware dialog (More Info).
· Added Arch Linux packaging
· Added a 64-bit build for Windows.
· Improved Russian localization by Kyrill Detinov.
· Improved Brazilian localization by Victor Figueiredo.