calibre is an application that allows you to catalog and manage your ebook files. You can easily create a database and edit the metadata for each book.
The application enables you to search and download newspapers from the internet and convert them to other formats. It can go out to the Internet and fetch metadata for your books.
Each calibre entry may correspond to more ebooks, that can have several formats. calibre is developed using the Python programming language and is available for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
calibre supports the conversion of many input formats to many output formats. It can convert every input format in the following list, to every output format.
Input Formats: CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, HTML, HTMLZ, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ
Output Formats: EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, HTMLZ, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ
Here are some key features of "calibre":
· Library Management.
· Format Conversion.
· Syncing to E-reader Devices.
· Fetch News.
· E-book viewer
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Show the number of currently selected books in the status bar at the bottom of the book list
· Driver for PocketBook Touch 623 and Yarvik tablet Xenta 13c
· When editing dates such as published, allow pressing the minus key to clear the date and the = key to set the date to today."
· EPUB/AZW3 Output: Fix regression that caused erros when trying to convert documents that have URLs with invalid (non-utf-8) quoting.
· When backing up metadata automatically remove XML invalid chars, instead of erroring out
· Fix switch library dialog and menu both popping up when clicking the library button in some window managers
· Apple driver: Fix a regression in 0.9.31 that could cause sending books to the device to hang
· When setting metadata using the edit metadata dialog, convert newlines, tabs etc. to normal spaces
· EPUB/AZW3 Output: Fix pages that contain only an svg imag...