Free tools for manipulating compressed and non-compressed files
Compressed files are decompressed on the fly; no temporary files are created. These utilities are not wrapper scripts but safer and more efficient C++ programs. In particular the "--recursive" option is very efficient in those utilities supporting it.
The currently provided utilities are:
· Zcat - Decompresses and copies files to standard output.
· Zcmp - Decompresses and compares files with Cmp.
· Zdiff - Decompresses and compares files with Diff.
· Zgrep - Decompresses and searches inside files with Grep.
· Ztest - Tests integrity of compressed files.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- testsuite/check.sh: Fixed two values of expected exit status.
- zutils.texi: Documented that '--format' does not verify format.
- Added two missing #includes.
- License changed to GPL version 2 or later.