XMLmind DITA Converter 2.5.3
An industrial-strength DITA processor. A serious alternative to the DITA Open Toolkit.
XMLmind DITA Converter is professionally developed software, well tested, well documented and well supported.
XMLmind DITA Converter is an open source, software licensed under the very liberal terms of the Mozilla Public License version 1.1.
- Large number of output formats: XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1, HTML 4.1, Java Help, HTML Help, Eclipse Help, PDF, PostScript, RTF (can be opened in Word 2000+), WordprocessingML (can be opened in Word 2003+), Office Open XML (.docx, can be opened in Word 2007+), OpenOffice (.odt, can be opened in OpenOffice.org 2+).
- Excellent coverage of the DITA 1.1 standard, including DITA specialization support, chunking, conditional processing (.ditaval files).
- Can automatically generate: Table of Contents, Index, List of Figures, List of Tables, List of Examples.
- Powerful, yet easy to use, command-line tool. (The ditac command-line tool performs all the steps needed to create the deliverable.)
- Can convert maps, bookmaps but also a list of one or more topic files (in such case, a map is generated on the fly).
- Multi-platform. Runs on any JavaTM 1.5+ platform.
- Designed to be easily embedded in any JavaTM, desktop or server-side, application. That is, ditac is not only a command-line tool intended to be used by authors, but also a software component intended to be programmed by developers.
XMLmind DITA Converter
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New, modern, “flat design”, admonition icons. Moreover all XSL-FO based output formats (PDF, RTF, etc) now use SVG icons rather than PNG icons like the XHTML-based output formats.
- Upgraded XMLmind Web Help Compiler (whc for short) to version 1.4.
- The result of a full-text search is now sorted by the number of hits, that is, a page containing many occurrences of the searched word is listed before the pages containing fewer occurrences of this word.