Word Counter is an intuitive OS X application that helps you count the characters and words from a text file.
Word Counter enables you to type the text, paste it, or drag and drop the file into the app's window.
Word Counter provides the necessary tools in order to count all words or only words above a specified length. Furthermore, Word Counter can perform a count of just part of the text if it is selected.
Word Counter allows you to perform word counts on open documents from Apple's TextEdit application through a small floating window.
Here are some key features of "Word Counter":
· Intuitive interface
· Support for Apple's TextEdit application
· Readability statistics
· Word frequency
· Multiple files count
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for TexShop
· Added support for odt and docx files
· Better compatibility with OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
· Ignoring minor words are now handled appropriately in the frequency counts
· Ignoring words less than a specific length are now handled appropriatel in the frequency counts
· Hyphenated words are now handled appropriatey in the frequency counts
· Minor interface enhancements
· Fixed an error where a popup dialog saying "location 09b" would sometimes appear