VisualDiffer enables you to view folders side-by-side and to immediately find which files are different.
VisualDiffer uses colors to help you understand the differences at a glance. In that way you can use colors to identify older, modified and newer files.
At startup you can choose to compare two files or two folders or open a saved session. You can exclude files from comparison, the predefined filter contains versioning files like svn, git and bazar and many zip file formats.
Using the File Filter feature is possible to hide from visualization specific files like .git, .svn directories or the omnipresent .DS_Store files.
The folders comparison can be done using different techniques from the fastest "compare only date and size" to the fine-grained byte-by-byte comparison.
Technically speaking, the files comparison is done using the Unix diff command this choice makes the result quick, standard and reliable.
VisualDiffer also lets you save work sessions then quickly reopen them to compare directories hierarchies or directly two specific files.
NOTE: To buy VisualDiffer via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed memory leaks
· Fixed various crashes related to symbolic links traversal
· Fixed File copy progress dialog show negative number of copied files
· Fixed Application hangs up while stopping comparison
· Reorganized Folder Diff Main and Context Menus
· Reorganized File Diff Main and Context Menus
· Change the tolerance for date comparisons
· It is possible to skip packages from folder traversal