Virtual Magnifying Glass is a simple, customizable, easy-to-use and cross-platform screen magnification tool for your Mac.
The program shows a magnifying glass lens that follows the mouse movement. You can move the lens around the screen to view magnification of any screen area. To close the lens, click the left mouse button.
Virtual Magnifying Glass also adds it's own system tray icon. Left-click on the icon offers a shortcut for launching the lens again.
Virtual Magnifying Glass is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Here are some key features of "Virtual Magnifying Glass":
· New, improved Mac OS X version, much smaller, no longer requires Qt.
· Show the center pixel's RGB values, in both decimal and hexadecimal. Copy it with Ctrl+C
· Multi-monitor support
· Lens height and width can have any size
· Mouse scroll-wheel now controls zoom factor
· Esc key closes magnifier window, but it remains on systray. Q key closes the software
· Variable scale factor from 1x to 32x
· New configuration dialog to choose the plugin, Hotkey and other settings
· 800x600 or higher screen resolution and at least 16-bit colors recommended
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved mouse wheel handling
· Much improved Mac OS X support
· New translations: Russian, Polish, Japanese
· Improved existing translations
· Improved dynamic mode plugin
· New plugin: videocard_checker, checks if the video card supports the dynamic mode
· Many fixes for the Linux Gtk2 version
· Added cursor position to graphical tools
· The Windows configuration file is no longer in the application directory, but rather in the local configurations path of the user. Allows execution of the software without write access to the application directory.