Viking is very useful to users that need to plot/import waypoints and tracks, create new waypoints or visualize real-time GPS position.
Viking is the go-to utility for most GPS related activities, like downloading geocaches for an area.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Import Launchpad translation updates [Mainly for large Czech update]
· Fix using .vik files with 'unusual' track or waypoint names
· Fix waypoint selection when the waypoint has an image but the images are not being displayed.
· Fix showing map timestamps on Windows on the map tile info dialog.
· SF#3608411: Part 2 - Avoid creating command window on Viking start-up.
· SF#3608411: Part 1 - Avoid warning about unbuffer on Windows Systems.
· SF#3608264: Improve Statusbar Location Info Maybe Truncated
· Prevent inputting empty names for layers and sublayers via the layers panel.
· SF#3608311: Fix crash caused by renaming blank sublayer names
· Be less strigent in loading Geotagged images without optional GPS tags
· Fix use of scaled tile image when tile image not present.
· Enable updating the treeview to allow setting a blank waypoint symbol.
· Improve the Waypoint tooltip to display the description if there is no comment.
· Fix datasource acquiring waypoints from geotag images.
· Updated geo-scripts to version re...