TrailRunner is a user-friendly and simple to use Mac OS X route planning app for all kinds of long distance sports like biking, hiking, running, skiing, inline-skating, and more, featuring the geographic display of the workout area.
TrailRunner is the training partner you needed to tell you how long your workout routes are and what route you should choose for the evening.
Here are some key features of "TrailRunner":
· Geographic display of your workout area.
· Plan routes interactively.
· Collect routes.
· Route description and direction signs at crossings.
· Timed-checkpoints according to your pace.
· Rate your favorite tracks
· Plan routes automatically with target distance and as many favorite tracks as possible.
· Export route descriptions onto your iPod as Notes-Text or NanoMap-Photos
· Collect your workout data in a Diary.
· Send to and exchange routes with friends and workout partners.
· Import GPX-Tracklists from GPS-units.
· For Running - Plan workout routes and check your pace at checkpoints.
· For Hiking - Plan tours and collect beautiful tracks and trails.
· For Biking - Import and analyze GPS recordings.
· Internet Services - Load background maps and elevation data from openStreetMap and other services.
· Personal Notes - Annotate your tracks with descriptions, colors and the famous iTunes rating stars.
· Route Planning - Create new routes interactively or automatically, for a given distance and with the highest attractiveness.
· iPhone - Import GPS route courses from the iPhone.
· Share Routes - Share your routes on GPSies.com, one of the biggest outdoor communities.
· NanoMaps - Export route descriptions as NanoMaps for iPods or cellphones.
· Nike + iPod Sport Kit - Import workouts from your Nike+ Sportband or iPod Sport Kit and assign routes with real world distances.
· Heart Rate Monitors - Import and manage GPX or Polar HRM workout protocols.
· Garmin Training Center - Display and manage workouts for Garmin ForeRunner or Garmin Edge devices directly from Garmin Training Center.
· Diary - Collect and describe workouts and compare histograms per workout and over time.
· Apple Mobile Me - Publish an excerpt of your diary and route descriptions as a WebLog.
· Exercise plan - Improve your base endurance in small and adaptive steps.
· Calendar - Manage your goals and planned events.
· Languages - Available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Japanese, and traditional Chinese.
· GoogleEarth - Watch routes in GoogleEarth with just one click.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed: wrong graphic for info button
· Fixed: crash during creation of routes
· Fixed: compatibility issue
· Fixed: map scroll animation oddity while creating routes.
· Fixed: crash creating a new section while creating a new route.