Did you ever want to know how far that running route is? Are you planning for a biking tour? Or do you train for a marathon and wonder where you should go for your long distance runs?
Then TrailRunner mini is the route planning app you're looking for.
TrailRunner mini is a simple to use Mac OS X app based on the openStreetMap project. Create and collect routes for running, hiking, biking and travel.
NOTE: To buy TrailRunner via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "TrailRunner mini":
· Layout and modify routes using the easy route planner
· Import GPX or KML files from your iPhone, GPS device or a community portal
· View mile markers along a routes course
· Automatically download elevation data
· Select and inspect parts of a route to learn about its profile
· Name, rate, flag, comment and colorize collected routes
· Export routes as GPX files to share and follow
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: added routing options for Mountain Bike Trails and Race Biking
· New: added map display settings
· New: added IGC file type importer
· Better: routes created within an active collection filter are automatically being assigned to that collection.
· Better: added visual feedback if the list of routes is filtered by a chosen collection.
· Better: if the list of routes is filtered by a chosen collection, the state is now persisted over application launches.
· Better: added more decent error message when routing service is not available.
· Better: added help button to routing toolbar
· Better: added double click gesture to select a background map and close popover
· Better: improved behavior editing a route title in the left list of routes
· Better: hovering over a landmark displays the landmark transparent.
· Better: improved accuracy for approximate tour duration.
· Better: updated localizations