TimePreserver is designed to do one complex task easily: making archives of your Time Machine backups stored on a Time Capsule. In keeping with Time Machine there is no complicated setup, no myriad of options. It just works.
Stuff happens which is why backups are important. Whether a precious photo, vital term paper, or SOHO invoice is accidentally deleted; or your Mac’s hard drive fails losing everything; a backup is there to get your items back. Time Machine and Time Capsule together provide a simple and effective backup solution for one or more Mac desktops and laptops, keeping your data safe.
However should you suffer a disaster which takes out both your Macs and your backup what then? Business, colleges, etc. have long kept multiple and “off site” backups to protect against data loss.
If you are a home, student or SOHO user relying on Time Machine and Time Capsule then the provided solution is the Time Capsule archive function, which can take hours and hours to complete during which time Time Machine is blocked and the Time Capsule inaccessible.
TimePreserver is designed to do one complex task easily: making archives of your Time Machine backups stored on a Time Capsule.
NOTE: To buy TimePreserver via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "TimePreserver":
· Attach an external disk to your Mac, run TimePreserver, and then store the disk away from your Mac and Time Capsule.
· Re-attach the disk and run TimePreserver to update the archive.
· Use multiple external discs in rotation to provide extra protection. A minimum of two is good, always keeping one in a different location.
· Complete archive of the Time Capsule without it being unusable for hours.
· Integrity of the Time Machine backups is protected, TimePreserver understands Time Machine backups unlike generic backup applications.
· During evaluation TimePreserver archives to a Mac-attached external disk, but otherwise performs like the Time Capsule archive function - no archive updating and fulltime Time Machine lock out - while demonstrating the benefits gained if registered.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Maintenance Release. Addresses a rare issue in OS X where TimePreserver is unable to access the Time Capsule. Fixes a cosmetic window-change glitch on retina displays.