TileMill is a streamlined and very easy to use OS X application which provides its users support for making beautiful maps.
Whether you’re a journalist, web designer, researcher, or seasoned cartographer, TileMill is the design studio you need to create compelling, interactive maps.
Here are some key features of "TileMill":
· Powered by Open Source - TileMill is built on a suite of modern open source libraries including Mapnik, node.js, backbone.js, express and CodeMirror. Jump on GitHub where you can dig into the source code.
· Mobile ready - Every map you make in TileMill is mobile ready. By leveraging the portable, fast MBTiles format, each TileMill map looks and works great on the web and offline.
· 2 GB memory
· A modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
· Internet connection for remote datasources
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· TileMill - Fixed file handling behavior on windows to avoid symlink errors when run as non-admin
· TileMill - autostyle now works against active stylesheet
· TileMill - fixed crash when using relative paths to layers (like in open-streets-dc project)
· TileMill - Enabled interactivity display in mbtiles export preview window
· TileMill - Fixed tabs switching on plugins load
· TileMill - Fixed handling of metatile setting in exports (ce6e7fc45e7517cba34f2075442d268d2b253db4)
· Carto - Allows text-face-name properties to be unquoted
· Carto - Detects inline Format XML tags in text-name and passes such output straight to XML for advanced text names.
· Carto - Fixes bugs around concatenation of strings in expressions
· Carto - Fixes parsing of comments in between selectors
· Carto - Fixes parsing of whitespace in calls
· Carto - Improved error messages for unknown properties - advises user on the property name most closely matching the incorrect input.
· Carto - Improved errors for calls, advises user on number...