TextExpander is a very efficient tool designed to help you type easier, with more accuracy and without mistakes.
TextExpander monitors what you type and allows you to quickly insert one of the predefined snippets via corresponding abbreviations.
TextExpander gives you the possibility to define your own text snippets and you can sync your database via Dropbox. Furthermore, TextExpander is also able to correct typos automatically.
Here are some key features of "TextExpander":
- Save keystrokes by typing simple abbreviations to get long snippets
- Use formatted text and images in snippets
- Use fill-in fields to create standard form letters with “fill-in-the-blank” options
- Add snippet groups from external files and online sources
- HTML, CSS, Autocorrect, Accented Word, Symbol snippet groups included
- Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
- Adds Emoji snippet group
- Prepares for Mavericks
- Expands properly in Fantastical 1.3.8 and later
- Offers to convert existing snippets when changing default snippet type
- Improves performance with snippets containing multiple embedded images
- Makes Suggest Matching Abbreviation more forgiving of spaces before and while narrowing the search
- Allows capitalization correction in specific types of applications, such as Mellel
- Includes paragraph style information with HTML data for snippets which contain line breaks
- Expands properly when using a Romaji input method with Dvorak key layout
- Many other fixes and improvements