TessOCR is a very useful and free OCR tool. Its framework is multilingual optical character recognition (OCR) engine is the Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine.
TessOCR provides support for English, Japanese, French and more, while offering additional support for character recognition dictionary.
Here are some key features of "TessOCR":
· Layout recognition - Detects horizontal-writing and vertical-writing automatically. Recognizes only content of tabular.
· Recognizable format of image data - JPEG,PNG,GIF,BMP and TIFF.
· Recognizable image dimensions - There is no particular limitation.
· Recognizable character size (Under the investigation)
· Elimination of noise in the image - Manual control.
· Correction of the inclination of the image - Manual control.
· Crop the image - Manual control. Spread pages can be specified.
· Convert to the grayscaled image by threshold - Manual control.
· Training the character recognition dictionary - Semi-automatic control. You can edit the box.
· Text Editing - You can input the text and edit it, and save it. You can search the text and replace with another string.