TVRenamer is a free and open-source app that allows you to rename (and optionally move) your TV episode files based on the TV listing information.
In addition, TVRenamer is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
- Easy drag-and-drop interface
- Rename multiple shows at once with progress indicator
- Configurable rename format
- Optionally, move files to a 'TV' directory/network location (such as NAS) to take files from 'incoming' and store in a safe place
- Native look and feel on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux
- Active developers who can add features and help out with bugs
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- Added a button to allow the user to add a folder (see above screenshot); all compatible files in the directory (and subdirectories) will be added to the list. You can toggle the ability to add all subfolders and files recursively within it. Thanks @ajdaniel.
- Added ability to remove items from the table, items can be deleted with the backspace or delete key. Thanks @ajdaniel.
- Added ability to add air date to show titles. Thanks @ajdaniel.