Synchronize! Pro X is an enhanced version of Synchronize! X Plus. In addition to the many features in Synchronize! X Plus, Qdea’s personal file synchronization software, it supports a number of advanced functions, including resolving aliases and more flexible ways to include or exclude files and folders.
Synchronization vs. Backup
A “Synchronization” compares two files and copies the newer file to replace the older file, while a “Backup” always copies files in one direction. In general, it’s best to use a “Backup” if you want to make the destination look like the source, because there’s less room for error and a “Backup” takes less computer resources.
Synchronize! Pro X will always copy only the files that have changed – there is no difference in this respect between a “Backup” and a “Synchronization”. Because of this, updating a synchronization or a backup is as simple as running it again.
Copy files over the Internet
Synchronize! Pro X works with Mac OS X to copy files over the Internet. Synchronize! Pro X can compare and copy files on any disk which appears on the OS X desktop. Mac OS X can connect to AppleShare, File Sharing, NFS and SMB (Windows) servers.
Here are some key features of "Synchronize! Pro X":
· Make bootable Mac OS X system backups.
· Copy only files with different endings, or a mixture of types and creators.
· Keep replaced or deleted files in a separate folder by date of the backup. The archive's size is automatically managed, so that it doesn't keep growing. This lets you go back to an earlier version of a file, or recover a file that was inadvertently deleted.
· Retry connections to remote servers.
· Use the "Multiple Items" feature to backup or sync a group of files or folders from anywhere on your system.
· Copy invisible files files, including custom icons.
· Set copied file and folder permissions to desired values. Copy changed file and folder permissions even when the file or folder doesn't need to be copied.
· Copy the locked state of files.
· Log copied files, and (optionally) their path.
· Create custom syncs, like one that copies files in one direction, but doesn't delete files in the destination folder.
· 7 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a problem which could result in a crash during the folder scan.