For many Macs with less than 4GB of memory, Spotlight fails or just refuses to find the simple application (often very clearly in /Applications) before a least 4 seconds are over.
Sometimes, right before you select an item, Spotlight decides to change it to a completely different one, often launching a bloated and slow app, instead of the one you wanted.
Use QuickApps to launch your less-common applications with great speed and accuracy, without cluttering your Dock.
Here are some key features of "QuickApps":
· Manage which folders are searched for applications.
· You may choose to start QuickApps at log in or not.
· Optionally have your apps organized in an alphabetical hierarchy.
· Often faster and more accurate than Spotlight itself.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed automatic updater which was broken in QuickApps 2.0.2