Ship's Clock 2.0.0
Rings a bell every half an hour in the style of a ship's clock
That standard has its roots in centuries of sailing ships around the world where clocks were impractical, and is still used in present-day navies.
Ship's Clock is based on four-hour watches: each watch was on duty for four hours starting at the hour of 12, 4, or 8 (am or pm).
Each half-hour during a watch was marked by a single bell and each hour by a double bell. For example, starting at 12 o'clock:
- Audible reminder of the current time every 30 minutes, using the nautical four-hour watch tradition.
- Starts automatically when the computer is rebooted (service on Windows, cron daemon on Linux, launch daemon on Mac)
- Simple configuration through a graphical tool on Windows.
- Integrated smoothly into System Configuration on Mac.
- Small footprint.
- Code is fully documented.