ShareMouse is a free for personal use and reliable app OS X that allows you to share one mouse and keyboard with multiple computers.
You just need to move the mouse pointer to the computer you wish to control. When you reach the border of the monitor, the mouse cursor magically jumps to the neighboring monitor and you can then control that computer.
Any computer can be controlled with the mouse and keyboard of any other computer. Unlike an KVM switch, you don’t need to press any button to switch between computers. All mouse and keyboard input is transmitted over your existing Ethernet or Wireless LAN network connection.
No USB switch, KVM switch or any other hardware is required. ShareMouse also allows you to drag & drop files between multiple computers for easy file transfer. ShareMouse additionally shares the clipboard between multiple computers. Whatever you copy into the clipboard of one computer is available in the clipboard of any other computer.
Note: In order to fully explore the application's functionaility, you need to provide the following requirements:
· A minimum of two computers is required.
· Each computer must have its own monitor.
· All monitors must stand near you. ShareMouse does not work over the internet and is not suitable to control a computer which is located in another room.
· All computers must be network connected.
Here are some key features of "ShareMouse":
· Automatic and configuration-free monitor layout sensing.
· Any computer can remote control any other computer in any direction.
· Hotkeys can be defined to jump directly to a specific monitor.
· The Panic button cancel/reset any current remote control session.
· Automatic dimming of inactive monitors.
· Cross-platform compatible with Mac OSX and Windows support.
· Vertical and horizontal wheel-mouse and Touchpad scrolling.
· Support for an unlimited number of monitors and computers.
· Support for Windows Fast User Switching and Windows Vista/7 User Account Control (UAC) pop-ups.
· Optional network traffic encryption.
File Exchange Features:
· Drag & Drop any files from one computer to another
· Support of drag & drop of multiple files
· Progress bar and speedometer for larger files transmissions
· Cancel-button to cancel file transmissions at any time
Clipboard Sharing Features:
· The Clipboard Synchronization supports text, bitmaps, files and folders containing multiple files.
· Clipboard contents can be sent to a specific computer to avoid accidental overwrite of any computer's clipboard.
· Clipboard Sharing works independently from Windows network file shares. No need to fiddle with network file sharing.
· Zero configuration - ShareMouse and automatically determines the positions of your monitor without any manual configuration.
· Flexibility - ShareMouse works in any direction and allows you to use any computer's mouse & keyboard on any monitor of any other computer without any re-configuration..
· Full Control - The Monitor Arrangement allows you to precisely configure your monitor setup. Monitors can be positioned including slight vertical/horizontal offsets between the monitors.
· Auto Fall-Back - ShareMouse automatically updates the monitor layout if any monitor of any computer becomes temporarily unavailable.
· High Performance - The custom network protocol is specialized for remote control purposes and ensures smooth mouse cursor precision.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Solved registration issues (re-registration with your license key required).
· Solved network connection issues if internet connection is missing.
· Solved keyboard mapping bug.
· Additional keys can now be used as a panic key
· Solved mouse drag & drop issues in certain applications.
· Macs with newer OSX versions can now remotely be waken up from sleep mode.